IDES 244 - Bath Design
The design of baths using National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) guidelines and graphic standards. Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing requirements are analyzed and incorporated into design. Students must demonstrate drafting skills and knowledge of space planning and design or meet prerequisites. PREREQUISITE(S): IDES 101 and IDES 110 or consent of interior design coordinator. One hour lecture, one hour laboratory each week. Formerly ID 244.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify and research code requirements.
- Identify construction and interior systems requirements and incorporate them in design.
- Research and specify appropriate appliances, equipment, products, and finish materials.
- Research, design, and specify appropriate ambient, task, and specialty lighting.
- Design and space plan using the elements and principles of design and NKBA design practices.
- Sell his or her design.
- Produce construction drawings using NKBA graphic standards.
- Comprehend project coordination.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)