IDES 245 - Kitchen and Bath Appliances and Equipment
An introduction to the selection, specification, and installation of appliances and equipment used in residential and commercial kitchens and baths. Hands-on demonstrations of appliances and equipment will be provided by representatives, vendors, and contract specialists. PREREQUISITE(S): IDES 101 or IDES 110 or consent of interior design adviser. Assessment Level(s): AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . Field trip(s) required. One hour lecture/discussion; one hour laboratory each week. Formerly ID 245.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify the basic categories of kitchen & bath appliances and equipment required in today’s kitchens and baths.
- Use the expertise of appliance and equipment showrooms and personnel.
- Demonstrate an understanding the interior system requirements of appliances and equipment used.
- Write specifications for kitchen and bath equipment and appliances.
- Describe the safety and building codes issues surrounding kitchen and bath appliances and equipment.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)