IDES 245 - Kitchen and Bath Appliances and Equipment
An introduction to the selection, specification, and installation of appliances and equipment used in residential and commercial kitchens and baths. Hands-on demonstrations of appliances and equipment will be provided by representatives, vendors, and contract specialists. PREREQUISITE(S): IDES 101 or IDES 110 or consent of interior design adviser. Assessment Level(s): AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . Field trip(s) required. One hour lecture/discussion; one hour laboratory each week. Formerly ID 245.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify the basic categories of kitchen & bath appliances and equipment required in today’s kitchens and baths.
- Use the expertise of appliance and equipment showrooms and personnel.
- Demonstrate an understanding the interior system requirements of appliances and equipment used.
- Write specifications for kitchen and bath equipment and appliances.
- Describe the safety and building codes issues surrounding kitchen and bath appliances and equipment.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)