IDES 247 - Codes for Interiors
An introduction to issues related to codes and building requirements for furniture, finishes, systems, accessibility, and installations in the interior environment. Students examine standards, codes, National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) guidelines, resources, and local code procedures. Students analyze sample projects and resolve issues related to codes and specify accordingly. PREREQUISITE(S): IDES 101 or IDES 110 or consent of interior design coordinator. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 011 , MATH 050 READ 120 . One hour each week. Formerly ID 247.
1 semester hour
May not be taken concurrently withMATH 017 or MATH 020 or MATH 045 without appropriate Math assessment score.
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify codes that apply to interiors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the philosophy of building codes.
- Research and interpret code requirements for interiors.
- Prepare specifications for contract documents that are codes correct.
- Analyze projects for potential codes violations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ramifications of codes violations and the importance of safety and accessibility.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)