IDES 248 - Interior Materials and Finishes
An examination of the characteristics, use, specification, and installation of current materials and finishes applied to interior walls, floors, furniture, and cabinetry. Materials and finishes explored will include woods, metals, plastics, ceramics, and natural products. Product manufacturer’s representatives will provide in-class product demonstrations. One hour each week. Formerly ID 248.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Articulate the LEED philosophy and process at a basic level.
- Identify the most common environmental concerns associated with materials and finishes.
- Identify the most commonly used finish materials.
- Conduct research on materials and finishes and their methods of installation.
- Make appropriate material selections and determine the best method of installation.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)