IDES 275 - Interiors: Professional Practicum/Internship
Provides work experience and field study on an actual project related to the student’s curriculum. Each student drafts a comprehensive record of the work experience and discusses it with the interior design adviser. Each student submits a descriptive paper, documenting the learning outcomes and benefits of the work, as related to the career goals and program objectives. Participation supervised by the instructor and appropriate personnel at work. PREREQUISITE(S): Consent of interior design coordinator or department. Minimum of 55 hours of work experience required per semester hour. Student may not accumulate more than 3 semester hours. Formerly ID 261.
1-3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Recognize and use vocabulary related to the specialty of the internship site.
- Formulate goals and objectives for different types of employment and devise ways to reach them.
- Follow company procedures
- Apply skills developed in class work in the internship environment.
- Demonstrate work done in the internship.
- Analyze business procedures of the internship site
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)