LGST 103 - Legal Writing
Focuses on the language, format, and content of legal writings. This introductory legal writing course will emphasize the techniques of legal composition and the required application of key facts, relevant law, and citation of sources, among others, in various forms of legal writings such as memoranda, letters, and legal instruments. PREREQUISITE(S): LGST 101 . Three hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly LA 103.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to organize and write a legal memorandum using proper format and content.
- Demonstrate proper methods of citation for legal documents.
- Correctly identify the elements of various types of legal letters.
- Identify the forms and style of legal briefs and demonstrate their proper preparation.
- Properly define basic legal terms and use them appropriately in preparing sample legal documents.
- Draft simple legal documents.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)