LGST 104 - Interviewing, Investigating, and Communication Techniques
Introduction to the factors underlying effective communications and investigation within the legal environment. Techniques in interviewing, listening, and investigating will be presented and discussed. Students will have an opportunity to prepare for and to conduct interviews and draft investigation plans. PRE- or COREQUISITE(S): ENGL 101 or ENGL 101A . Three hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly LA 104.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate common interview techniques in a legal setting.
- Demonstrate the client-centered approach to interviewing.
- Describe the procedure required to interview clients and witnesses.
- Identify the various types of interview questions.
- Draft investigation plans.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)