PHED 143 - Soccer
Emphasizes the basic individual skills including shooting, passing, trapping, and heading. Discussion of tactical and strategic concepts of team play and rules. Assessment Level(s): AELW 940 /ELAI 990 /ENGL 002 , AELR 920 /ELAR 970 /READ 095 . Two hours each week. Formerly PE 162.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiencies in the following skills: dribbling, passing, shooting, heading, ball control, and goal keeping.
- Explain, execute, and diagram marking and zone defenses, as well as one-versus-one maneuvers.
- Explain and execute offensive strategies to defeat marking and zone defenses, as well as one-versus-one maneuvers.
- Apply the basic rules of the sport of soccer to their games and use this knowledge as appropriate on written examinations.
- Demonstrate effective offensive and defensives.
- Improve their physical conditioning and coordination through agility and flexibility training along with a combination of aerobic and non-aerobic exercise.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)