PHED 186 - Volleyball
This course will teach individual physical skills, team play, rules, and game strategies for the various types of volleyball including two-person, four-person, and six-person formats. Assessment Level(s): AELW 940 /ELAI 990 /ENGL 002 , AELR 920 /ELAR 970 /READ 095 . Two hours each week. Formerly PE 195.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiencies in the following skills: forearm passing, hitting, setting, overhand serves.
- Analyze and critique skill performances of their peers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of volleyball rules, terminologies, and strategies through a variety of written and verbal evaluations.
- Diagram and explain different team offensive strategies and team defensive strategies.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for proper warm-up and cool-down procedure.
- Explain the value of aerobic and strength enhancing conditioning in the sport of volleyball.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)