TVRA 100 - Introduction to New Media
An introduction to the technical and marketing power of emerging social media platforms. Students will learn to become effective co-creators of social media content while working in a multimedia environment. Projects will incorporate sound and visual image production as a means of branding and communication. Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Create audio and video content for social media to effectively engage the community while applying today’s social media etiquette.
- Identify the differences in social media platforms and methods for developing multimedia strategies related to their most effective use.
- Integrate audio and visual image production into relevant social media channels and internet-based platforms including audio based sharing platforms, streaming sites, and mobile delivery.
- Create and maintain a blog with regular updates and use social media and multimedia to drive traffic to that blog.
- Describe the ethical implications associated with the integration of traditional audio and video media into an emerging media platform.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)