DANC 205 - Jazz Dance III
The study of jazz dance on an intermediate level. Proficient technique, correct body alignment, and performance are stressed. Jazz isolations, triple turns, rhythmic sequences, and slides are studied in addition to high elevation steps. PREREQUISITE(S): DANC 106 or consent of dance program coordinator. One hour lecture, four hours laboratory each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate improved technical ability, control, and balance in jazz technique.
- Demonstrate increased speed, power, and endurance.
- Demonstrate increased coordination, strength, flexibility, and agility in jazz technique.
- Demonstrate improved kinesthetic memory and ability to perform lengthy and complex jazz combinations.
- Demonstrate integration of torso and limbs in moving through space.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different styles of jazz and their uses in performance through written and oral communication.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)