EMGT 104 - Incident Management System and EOC Interface
Overview of incident command, its role in emergency management, and how incident command and the emergency operations center interface to manage an emergency situation. Includes organization and staffing, organizing for incidents and events, incident resource management, air operations, and incident planning. PREREQUISITE(S): EMGT 101 or consent of department. Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify the roles of EOC and ICS during an emergency operation.
- Describe the circumstances in which multi-agency coordination systems are established.
- Describe how the NIMS Command and Management component supports the management of emergency incidents.
- Describe the incident/event management process for supervisors and expanding incidents as prescribed by the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Develop an Incident Action Plan (IAP) for a simulated incident.
- List the major elements included in the incident briefing.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)