HMGT 100 - Customer Service in the Hospitality Industry
An examination of the role of customer service for lodging and food service operations, large and small. Course stresses understanding customer wants and needs, interaction with customers, customer service support, handling difficult situations, and building long-term relationships with customers. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 011 , READ 120 . One hour each week.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Discuss why no business can exist without customers.
- Analyze and contrast different customers with different needs.
- Explain why communication is a major component in customer service.
- Assess the difficult and hard to deal with customer, who still is a customer.
- Explain why building long term relationships with customers is vital to the success of any business.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)