HMGT 204 - Catering and Banquets
Study of the planning and operation of catering facilities in hotels and as an independent business. Includes preparation, presentation, and service of food for catered events. PREREQUISITE(S): HMGT 110 and HMGT 111 or consent of department. Two hours lecture, three hours laboratory each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the different forms catering can take.
- List the attributes of successful caterers.
- Identify the components of a catering contract.
- Explain how a caterer determines staffing needs.
- Determine service equipment needs for a small function
- Explain the importance of food safety in catering.
- Describe different types of catering menus.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)