IDES 246 - Interior Systems
An introduction to the selection and installation of interior kitchen and bath systems including plumbing, ventilation, and electrical. Projects are examined and options and solutions explored using National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) guidelines. PREREQUISITE(S): IDES 111 or IDES 120 , or consent of interior design coordinator. One hour each week.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify the function, layout and interior systems requirements of plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems in residential construction.
- Research the specific interior systems requirements for equipment and appliances specified for residential construction.
- Compare code requirements for interior systems versus NKBA guidelines.
- Evaluate existing interior systems in a home.
- Explain how kitchen or bath design affects and coordinates with existing interior systems.
- Graphically document interior systems per NKBA graphic standards for construction documents.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)