LGST 122 - Law Office Administration
A study of the principles of law office administration including organizational structures, law office personnel, systems approach, equipment, timekeeping, bookkeeping and accounting practices, indexing and filing, calendar and monitoring systems, library and retrieval systems, the office manual, and the law office layout. Students will complete practical problems in several areas. Major emphasis will be on the development and use of systems in the law office, including software, with the expectation of increasing efficiency and reducing legal costs. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 011 , READ 120 . Three hours lecture/discussion each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to effectively communicate the workings and management of a law office.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic ethical rules associated with the practice of law.
- Communicate effectively in a professional setting.
- Utilize current software for law office administration and case management.
- Identify proper law firm accounting and time-keeping procedures.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)