Aug 14, 2022
NWIT 127 - Microcomputer Essentials
An introduction to microcomputer hardware, peripheral, networking, and security components. Students will understand the basic functionality of the operating system and basic troubleshooting methodology, practice proper safety procedures, and will effectively interact with customers and peers. In addition, the course includes programming concepts, the study of applications, such as spreadsheets, databases, presentation, and web site development. This course also prepares students to take the Essential exam for the CompTIA A+ Certificate. Assessment Level(s): AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Explain, install, and configure microcomputer device components.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain microcomputer device components.
- Compare and contrast the different Operating Systems and their features.
- Apply the basics of networking fundamentals, including technologies, devices and protocols to microcomputer devices
- Explain the basic principles of security concepts and technologies.
- Outline the purpose of appropriate safety and environmental procedures and given a scenario, apply them.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of communication skills and professionalism in the workplace.
- Design and create web pages and demonstrate knowledge of data visualization techniques.
- Use a programming language to write small programs.
- Use different application programs like spreadsheet and database management systems.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)