NWIT 170 - Network Operating Systems
An introduction to computer network operating systems. The topics include wireless network systems, sharing disks and files through Server Networking Operating Systems, and using Windows, Linux, and Novell Servers. Students will install and configure Windows, Linux, and Novell OS. Assessment Level(s): MATH 050 , AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
May not be taken concurrently with MATH 017 or MATH 020 or MATH 030 or MATH 045 without appropriate Math assessment score.
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify different operating system theories.
- Demonstrate the ability to install and upgrade operating systems.
- Configure and use input and output devices.
- Identify hardware needed for different operating systems.
- Recognize and interpret the meaning of network connectivity and setup resources sharing over a network.
- Identify standard operating and maintenance resources.
- Demonstrate the ability to issue operating system command-line commands.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)