TECH 299 - Web Certificate/Degree Portfolio
This Capstone course for the Web Careers certificate/degree provides an opportunity to produce a professional print and/or Web-based portfolio and resume. Students work on Web development team to design and implement a prototype Web site for a local small business or nonprofit organization. Topics include content development, universal Website design, project management, usability practices, resume and portfolio preparation, and effective writing for the Web. PREREQUISITE(S): Consent of department. Three hours lecture/discussion each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Explain various stages of project management.
- Explain the role of the Project Brief.
- Explain good management techniques and skills.
- Coordinate content providers for a small Web project.
- Organize and manage effective meetings.
- Cooperate to resolve client and team issues.
- Coordinate client expectations and changes.
- Form judgments about and critique existing Web sites and portfolios.
- Design content for a specific Web-based audience.
- Explain and demonstrate effective page layout, display, and navigation.
- Gather and prepare text and images and write effectively for the Web.
- Prototype, test, post, launch, and troubleshoot a small Web project and successfully deliver to a client.
- Describe the roles of logos and corporate identity (branding).
- Compare and contrast various marketing techniques.
- Gather, prepare text and images, and organize an effective portfolio.
- Storyboard materials for use in a presentation to an audience (prospective client or employer).
- Design and deliver written and oral presentations for an audience.
- Research, amass, and deliver (paper and online formats) a professional resume.
- Demonstrate understanding of the difference between accessibility and usability.
- Explain universal design methods for users with disabilities.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)