Aug 14, 2022
SPAN 201 - Intermediate Spanish I
(HUMD, GEIR, GEEL, GCP)
Focuses on the study of Spanish language and culture at the intermediate level. Students further their ability to communicate in Spanish through an advanced consideration of cultural themes and a thorough review of Spanish grammar to support increased focus on reading and composition. In-class work is supplemented by 10 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): SPAN 102 , SPAN 103 , SPAN 106 or consent of department. Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an intermediate level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Apply advanced grammatical structures, such as complex verb forms, that support communication at the intermediate level of proficiency.
- Compose descriptive, narrative, and expository pieces.
- Express and appropriately employ complex language functions in speech and in writing, including the following: a. expressing opinions b. analyzing oral and written discourse c. using appropriate language registers at the intermediate level.
- Describe Hispanic culture and specific cultural practices at the intermediate level by using more complex sentences and paragraphs.
- Read and analyze authentic texts, both literary and popular.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Spanish.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the intermediate level.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)