ANTH 260 - Independent Study Anthropology
(G and R only)
A course designed to enable advanced students to pursue a topic of their own choosing with the guidance and supervision of an assigned faculty member. Topics should not duplicate any course topics already offered in the program. PREREQUISITE(S): ANTH 201 or ANTH 215 or ANTH 250 and consent of department. Three hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly AN 220.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Review and comprehend relevant discipline literature.
- Conduct a literature review producing annotated bibliography.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific methods of research.
- Apply research methods such as interviews, site visits, fieldwork and comparative analysis.
- Identify academic sources pertaining to the topic of choice.
- Interpret data on current problems.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)