ARTT 290 - Art Internship
Students work for College credit in a museum or other professional arts organization or venue. Students may propose an internship for one of the limited number available in the arts each year. Typically, the internships are awarded during the last year of study at Montgomery College. PREREQUISITE(S): Open to art majors who have completed 15 arts-related credits. A 3.2 GPA and consent of departmental arts internship coordinator and the Arts Institute internship coordinator are required. May be repeated for a maximum of six credits with consent of department. Fifteen hours each week per semester. Formerly AR 295.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Develop and demonstrate acquired skills and attitudes in professional job situations and/or toward his or her own aesthetics and creative problem solving.
- Develop and demonstrate additional proficiencies with new art materials and techniques.
- Cooperate with others in completing art-related tasks or projects.
- Learn and demonstrate new communication skills while working with the public and fellow interns in a professional setting.
- Record engaged assigned activities relevant to the mission of the institution.
- Write regularly and effectively about the internship experience and read assigned materials relevant to the mission of the institution.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the many divisions of expertise within the art industry.
- Synthesize knowledge gained and evaluate his or her internship experience.
- Record and observe arts personnel and their interactions in the workplace.
- Perform assigned duties and assume responsibilities in a professional arts organization.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)