CCJS 255 - Independent Study in Criminal Justice
A course designed to enable advanced students to pursue a topic of their own choosing with the guidance and supervision of an assigned faculty member. Topics should not duplicate any course topics already offered in the program. PREREQUISITE(S): CCJS 110 , ENGL 102 or ENGL 103 , and consent of department. Three hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly CJ 255.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify academic sources pertaining to the topic of choice.
- Conduct a literature review and comprehend the academic literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific method of research.
- Analyze the quality of and problems associated with research.
- Complete an annotated bibliography.
- Use research methods such as interviews, observations, on site visits, and comparative analysis of existing research.
- Interpret current problems and offer viable alternatives to current practice.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)