CMGT 100 - Construction Methods and Materials
(R only) CE-R
Covers the characteristics, specifications, properties, terminology, and use of construction materials. The course emphasizes principles and methods for the selection and application or installation of materials and building components rather than development and production of materials. Laboratory experiences focus on the analysis, use, limitations, testing, and practical application of selected construction materials. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 002 , READ 120 . Three hours lecture/discussion, one hour laboratory each week. Formerly CT 130.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methods and materials used for both structural and non structural elements of a building.
- Acquire and utilize the terminology applicable to construction methods and materials.
- Recognize the sequence of components utilized in the construction of buildings.
- Select the appropriate method or material to be used in a particular building system.
- Research and present a topic relevant to a particular material or method in construction.
- Acquire an appreciation of time management.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)