DANC 106 - Jazz Dance II
Further study of jazz dance as offered in DANC 105 . Emphasis on perfecting technique, creating advanced-beginning jazz compositions, and developing a more in-depth understanding of the essence and components of jazz dance. Emphasis is placed on advanced-beginning steps and terminology, including double turns, body isolations, and elevation steps. PREREQUISITE(S): DANC 105 or consent of dance program coordinator. One hour lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly DN 106.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of jazz dance technique, theory, and style through class participation, performance, and written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate improvement in technical ability in the jazz style and integration of the torso and limbs while moving through space
- Demonstrate coordination, control, strength, flexibility, and agility in jazz movement.
- Demonstrate improved ability to combine jazz movements into longer and more complex phrases.
- Demonstrate correct placement and dynamic alignment with increased attention to the pelvic area as a base of support.
- Demonstrate understanding of the use of technical skills to develop artistic expression in jazz dance, through DVD viewing, live performance, personal participation, and written and oral communication.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]