GDES 140 - Introduction to Animation
An introduction to 2-D animation. Topics include a brief history of animation, principles of 2-D animation, use of storyboards, 2-D animation techniques, and the employment market and business practices. PREREQUISITE(S): None. Digital Animation majors should take GDES 134 concurrently, or prior to taking this course. Two hours lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly GD 140.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Discuss and employ basic principles of animation.
- Discuss business practices and process in the animation industry.
- Employ sequential images to design a storyboard.
- Identify basic animation techniques.
- Identify key movements and innovations in the history of animation.
- Demonstrate basic animation techniques.
- Design characters in preparation for animation.
View Schedule of Classes
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)