HINM 225 - Ambulatory Coding
(TP/SS only) CE
Designed to enhance the student’s ability in ambulatory care classification and coding. Students apply CPT and ICD coding for outpatient records in a variety of ambulatory settings including physician office, emergency room, and outpatient surgery. PREREQUISITE(S): HINM 165 or consent of program coordinator. Two hours each week. Formerly HI 221.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate skill in the use of CPT in ambulatory care settings to include physician office practice, hospital-based outpatient service, and free-standing ambulatory care settings.
- Identify and assign appropriate Evaluation and Management codes.
- Summarize documentation requirements and explain importance of substantiating E/M codes.
- Apply ICD-10 coding guidelines in an ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrate skill in use of supplementary classification of diseases and injuries by recognizing when it is appropriate to use V codes and E codes and assigning them.
- Show knowledge of case mix management and the effect of coding on reimbursement.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]