MUSC 237 - Ear Training and Sightsinging III
Vocal reading and dictation of intervals and difficult melodies and rhythm patterns. Dictation of progressions containing some chromaticism. Easy two-part dictation. Assignments will include work with recorded exercises. Normally taken concurrently with MUSC 233 . PREREQUISITE(S): MUSC 195 with a grade of C or better. Two hours each week. Formerly MU 227.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Hear two simultaneous and independent parts and write them out accordingly.
- Sing competently, as a group, musical selections containing two and three simultaneous parts.
- Identify, sing, and write out melodies with increased chromaticism and chromatically affected scale steps beyond “Fi”.
- Identify and write out harmonic passages containing secondary dominants and simple common-chord modulations.
- Identify and notate enharmonically respelled intervals as they occur in special contexts.
- Identify, sing (and clap), and write out rhythmic passages in complex meters.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)