PHED 121 - Intermediate Swimming
Designed for students who have some swimming experience. Front crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke, overarm sidestroke, and inverted breaststroke. Two hours each week. Formerly PE 130.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate breath control (holding and rhythmic breathing).
- Demonstrate floats and glides, as well as personal safety and survival skills.
- Demonstrate front crawl (100 yards in good form), back crawl (100 yards in good form), elementary backstroke (100 yards in good form), breaststroke (100 yards in good form), and sidestroke (50 yards in good form).
- Gain experience in and understanding of the aquatic areas of diving, skin diving/snorkeling, and use of training aids.
- Make an evaluation of individual skills with the use of video recordings.
- Swim one mile (1800 yards) using all of the basic strokes learned in the course.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)