PHED 149 - Yoga
This course includes exercises, postures, and breathing techniques which relieve tension, increase muscle flexibility, and promote good health. The important aspects of yoga such as concentration, body awareness, and body-mind integration will be discussed. Deep relaxation will be practiced at the end of each class. Assessment Level(s): AELW 940 /ELAI 990 /ENGL 002 , AELR 920 /ELAR 970 /READ 095 . Two hours each week. Formerly PE165.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Show enhanced knowledge of current, factual information regarding yoga and be able to design a personal asana practice specific to his or her needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of 30 yoga poses and the physical and psychological benefits of each.
- Define concepts and terms related to yoga.
- Identify the eight limbs of raja yoga.
- Demonstrate knowledge of meditation and mind/body techniques.
- Design and complete a yoga practice while taking necessary precautions to prevent injury.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)