PHED 174 - Circuit Fitness
Utilizes timed sequences of exercises to produce gains in total fitness. A variety of circuit training techniques will be used during this class including HITT techniques, multi-planar exercises Alternate strength-cardio circuits, Body weight circuits, and the use of a variety of exercise equipment. Participants need to be able to safely exercise at higher intensities. The benefits of this class can include improvement in muscular strength and endurance, balance, agility, body composition, and cardiovascular endurance. Assessment Level(s): AELW 940 /ELAI 990 /ENGL 002 , AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . Two hours each week. Formerly PE 188.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Assess fitness levels in all the health-related components of fitness and utilize the results to establish goals for improvement and maintenance of fitness.
- Identify and demonstrate correct techniques and sound practices that are critical to safe participation in exercise.
- Identify and evaluate the benefits of circuit weight training as an effective mode for lifetime fitness.
- Identify and interpret basic scientific training principles related to increasing fitness levels.
- Identify major muscle groups and specific exercises that target the muscles.
- Monitor and record his or her workout information for both resistance and aerobic exercises.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)