PHED 232 - Health Fitness/PE Major Practicum
In-service training and practical experience, totaling a minimum of 60 hours in an approved health and fitness or physical education setting. Students will meet with a full-time faculty member to develop goals and objectives for their practicum experiences, will keep a weekly journal of accomplishments, and will submit a final report analyzing their overall experiences. PREREQUISITE(S): Consent of department. Combines 60 hours of practicum and faculty preceptor’s meetings. Formerly PE 231.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the various operations of a fitness facility.
- Demonstrate an understanding of physiological, psychological, and sociological issues of fitness programming.
- Perform pre-exercise screening, physical screenings, and functional strength and balance assessments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a variety of exercise modalities used within the fitness facility.
- Evaluate various exercise programs and exercise facilities.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)