CMSC 201 - Java Programming Language
Comprehensively covers Java programming environment and features. Topics include techniques of program structure, design, and type. Using the Java language, students code, load, execute, debug, and document programs. PREREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in CMSC 140 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly CS 213.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Write simple Java programs with primitive data types, control statements, methods, arrays, String class and string utility classes.
- Define, extend, and work with classes and their objects.
- Apply inheritance and polymorphism concepts.
- Write, compile, execute Java programs that include Graphical User Interface ( GUI) and event driven programming
- Manage and process a large quantity of data using input and output.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)