DANC 107 - Tap Dance I
(R and TP/SS only)
An introduction to basic tap techniques, exercises, movements, and improvisational skills. A variety of rhythmic patterns and fundamental steps such as shuffles, ball changes, heel drops, time steps, flaps, and beginning turns are introduced. Tap dance history and styles will be discussed. One hour lecture, two hours laboratory each week. Formerly DN 107.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate correct fundamental tap dance technique.
- Recognize and use a working vocabulary for tap dance.
- Demonstrate correct alignment and placement.
- Demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of tap dance as an art form through personal participation and performance.
- Demonstrate rhythmic awareness and ability to keep time, including fast and slow steps, half time, double time.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)