DANC 206 - Jazz Dance IV
A progression of jazz dance as a continuation of concepts and styles presented in DANC 205 . Increased technical skill is developed through complex phrases of movement. Performance, style, and musicality are stressed. PREREQUISITE(S): DANC 205 or consent of department. May be repeated for a maximum of six credits. One hour lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly DN 206.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate improved technical ability, control, and balance in jazz dance.
- Demonstrate increased speed, power, and endurance.
- Demonstrate increasingly complex turns, jumps, and slides.
- Demonstrate improved musicality.
- Demonstrate improved expressive performance skills in the jazz idiom.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)