IDES 110 - Interiors: Technical Drawing and Drafting
(R only) CE
Introduces basic drawing and drafting techniques, employed as the foundation for all graphic communications for interior designers. Three-dimensional and two-dimensional drawings, as well as freehand sketching, are incorporated in weekly projects and assignments. Two hours lecture/discussion, four hours studio each week. Formerly ID 105.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Use drafting equipment and standard drafting techniques.
- Use the proper equipment and techniques to architecturally letter.
- Demonstrate an understanding of drafting graphic standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the NKBA graphic standards.
- Understand what drawings are needed in a set of construction drawings.
- Identify professionals responsible for different parts of a set of construction drawings.
- Identify orthographic, praline and three dimensional drawing types.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)