PHTH 113 - Seminar I
First of four seminars dealing with themes of professional issues, core values, and the development of a comprehensive portfolio. These courses will challenge the student to apply professional theme content during standardized patient scenarios and patient simulations. Themes for Seminar I: Interpersonal and professional communication, duty, and integrity (ethical, legal, and safe clinical practice). PRE- or COREQUISITE(S): PHTH 101 . COREQUISITE(S): PHTH 102 , PHTH 104 and PHTH 112 . One hour each week. Formerly PT 113.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Employ professional patient and practitioner interactions that facilitate patient/family involvement in care decisions, assertiveness, and empowerment.
- Debate ethical and legal dilemmas encountered in health care practice and clinical decisions.
- Demonstrate communication and professional behaviors consistent with safe, legal, and ethical standards of practice during simulations and practical exams.
- Employ interpersonal communication styles that facilitate understanding.
- Compose accurate clinical documentation following the simulated patient visit or practical exams.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)