SURG 205 - Clinical Practicum I
Provides the student with opportunities to apply those theories learned in SURG 101 to the actual practice of surgical procedures. PRE- or COREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in SURG 101 and SURG 201 or consent of program coordinator. Three hundred sixty (360) hours of clinical practice. Formerly SG 202.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Participate as a Surgical Technologist in the first scrub solo role and first scrub with assist role in Level I, Level II, Specialty Level I, and Specialty Level II surgical procedures in general surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, genitourinary surgery, otorhinolaryngologic surgery, and ophthalmic surgery.
- Demonstrate anticipatory decision-making during operative procedures.
- Identify needs specific to geriatric, pediatric, and special population patients during surgery.
- Discuss and identify possible postoperative complications.
- Participate in sterile processing.
- Participate as second circulator.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)