GEOG 255 - Introduction to Computer Mapping
(R only) CE
Introducing students to concepts and applications that are essential to the study of automated cartography, this course explores techniques used to capture, store, process, and display data in map form. Emphasis in the course is placed on the application of computer use and graphic design to create assorted map products, both general purpose and thematic. PREREQUISITE(S): GEOG 240 or consent of program coordinator. Two hours lecture, two hours laboratory each week. Formerly GE 252.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Apply cartographic skills and knowledge to specific thematic mapping projects.
- Utilize maps, mapping software, and graphics software as tools.
- Research, organize, and present in cartographic format about specific cartographic theme.
- Locate various cartographic resources.
- Analyze cartographic data for problem solving.
- Use additional mapping software packages.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)