AUTO 200 - Auto Tech Practicum
A cooperative effort with the automotive industry. Program is jointly developed to assure the student’s participation is consistent with chosen academic plan and the employer’s facilities and interests. The practicum enables the student to apply learned material in an automotive industrial environment. Periodic meetings monitor work progress and skills development. Minimum of 75 hours of work experience. PREREQUISITE(S): 10 credits or more in AUTO classes and consent of department. Formerly AT 200.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Gained Work Experience.
- Interpret and correctly fill out R.O.
- Discuss diagnosis and repairs with the customer.
- Order parts for vehicle repair.
- Receive and interpret daily workload from Service Manager.
- Discuss customer concerns with Service Writer.
- Test drive vehicle.
- Verify customer concern.
- Diagnose live work.
- Repair live work.
- Demonstrate an understanding the dynamics involved working in an automotive repair shop or dealership.
- Demonstrate an understanding of time constraints as it pertains to vehicle repair in a working environment.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)