Sep 29, 2020
AUTO 263 - Chassis Circuits
(R only) CE
Discusses purpose, parts, operation, and failure diagnosis of interior/exterior lighting systems; gauge, warning, and driver information systems; horn, wiper/washer, and heated glass circuits; motor-driven accessory circuits and supplementary restraint systems. Laboratory exercises emphasize the use of common electrical service tools on-vehicle to diagnose failures. May be taken with AUTO 262 . PREREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in AUTO 161 . Two hours lecture, three hours laboratory, one hour discussion each week. Formerly AT 163.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Diagnose brighter, intermittent, dim or no light operation.
- Remove / Replace interior, exterior and IP lamps.
- Replace and aim headlights.
- Diagnose incorrect stop, turn or hazard light operation.
- Diagnose intermittent, low, high or no gauge readings.
- Remove / Replace gauges, sending units and sensors.
- Diagnose / Repair incorrect operation of warning devices.
- Diagnose / Repair incorrect operation of driver info systems.
- Diagnose / Repair intermittent, constant or no horn operation.
- Diagnose / Repair incorrect wiper/washer operation.
- Diagnose / Repair incorrect motor-driven accessory operation.
- Diagnose / Repair incorrect heated glass operation.
- Disarm airbag system before vehicle service.
- Retrieve Diagnostic Trouble Codes caused by SRS failures.
- Diagnose SRS failures.
- Replace front / side air bags.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)