BLDG 240 - Advanced Framing and Exterior Finishing
A continuation of BLDG 140 , emphasizing framing and exterior finishing of residential buildings. Topics include rafter layout and roof framing, stair calculations and installation, steel framing, exterior door and window installation, and roofing and siding materials and installation. PREREQUISITE(S): BLDG 140 . Two hours lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly BU 240.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify stairway components.
- Install typical roofing finishing materials.
- Perform operations associated with roof rafters layout and framing.
- Demonstrate door and window installation procedures.
- Install vinyl siding.
- Describe various exterior finishing materials and products.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)