BLDG 256 - National Electrical Code
(R only) CE
An examination of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and its application in electrical construction. Topics include terminology, wiring specifications and methods, grounding and bonding, tables and calculations, overcurrent protection, services, branch circuits and feeders, raceways, cables, motors, and equipment. PREREQUISITE(S): BLDG 150 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly BU 264.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the general layout of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Define “overcurrent protection.”
- Perform wire size calculations using NEC tables.
- Perform conduit fill calculations using NEC tables.
- Describe various grounding methods.
- Identify Article 250.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)