BLDG 275 - Residential HVAC System Design
Intended for advanced HVAC students, this course covers the design and selection of equipment for residential heating and cooling systems. Topics include equipment sizing and selection, duct sizing, air distribution, code requirements, and energy efficiency. PREREQUISITE(S): BLDG 271 and BLDG 273 , or consent of department. Assessment Level(s): MATH 045 Two hours each week. Formerly BU 275.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe sizing considerations for air ducts.
- Describe sizing considerations for air handlers.
- Describe basic principles of air distribution.
- Identify major components of a complete force-air heating and cooling system.
- Apply design principles to proper selection of high-efficiency HVAC equipment and components.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)