CCJS 255 - Independent Study in Criminal Justice
A course designed to enable advanced students to pursue a topic of their own choosing with the guidance and supervision of an assigned faculty member. Topics should not duplicate any course topics already offered in the program. PREREQUISITE(S): CCJS 110 , ENGL 102 or ENGL 103 , and consent of department. Three hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly CJ 255.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify academic sources pertaining to the topic of choice.
- Conduct a literature review and comprehend the academic literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific method of research.
- Analyze the quality of and problems associated with research.
- Complete an annotated bibliography.
- Use research methods such as interviews, observations, on site visits, and comparative analysis of existing research.
- Interpret current problems and offer viable alternatives to current practice.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)