CMAP 232 - Word Processing Applications
Designed to enable students to acquire and apply word processing skills by studying word processing software currently used in business. PREREQUISITE(S): CMAP 120 or consent of department. A keyboarding speed of 30 words per minute is recommended. Three hours each week. Formerly CA 232.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Format and process text efficiently in word processed business documents.
- Manage and prepare main documents and various types of data files to create merged documents.
- Apply techniques for using templates and pre-designed styles in word processing.
- Evaluate word processed documents to make sure they are error-free and up to current professional standards.
- Organize professional word processed reports by creating a table of contents, index, cross-referencing and bookmarks.
- Prepare word processed forms using appropriate form controls and design.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)