CMGT 274 - Preconstruction Estimating
(R only) CE-R
Introduces students to available techniques for developing a construction estimate during the preconstruction stages of a project. Topics include manual procedures to develop order of magnitude estimates and computer alternatives to develop conceptual estimates. PREREQUISITE(S): CMGT 270 or consent of department. Ten hours lecture, ten hours laboratory each semester. Formerly CT 293.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of preconstruction estimating concepts and the Preconstruction Estimating process.
- Become competent in Preparing the preconstruction estimate using RS Means SF Data.
- Utilize and manipulate Timberline Model Estimating.
- Demonstrate how to benchmark the project cost data, determine the scope, options, perform takeoff, and create reports.
- Demonstrate competency in developing database concepts in Timberline.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)