CMSC 240 - Advanced Mobile App and Game Development
Covers advanced mobile programming topics for various mobile devices. Content includes design, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs using integrated development platform and other appropriate tools. Introduces cross platform mobile development environment tools and compares and contrasts responsive Web Applications versus native mobile applications. PREREQUISITE(S): A grade of C or better in CMSC 234 or CMSC 237 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly CS 263.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify and implement design patterns appropriate for mobile applications and games.
- Apply core development techniques to create mobile based applications.
- Build graphical user interface applications for mobile devices.
- Develop mobile applications using cross platform mobile development environment tools.
- Demonstrate how to incorporate images, animations and autorotation into mobile applications.
- Compare and contrast responsive web applications versus native mobile applications.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)