MGMT 101 - Principles of Management
Overview of the management movement, including development of management theory; survey of the organizational structure and basic managerial functions within organizations; the integration of the functions of management and application of decision making and leadership to general managerial situations. Includes the relationship of the internal and external environment to the organization. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , READ 120 . Three hours each week. Formerly MG 101.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Explain the functions of management.
- Define managerial planning and explain several different types of plans.
- Define the difference between decision-making and problem solving.
- Identify and describe the difference between an organization’s strategy and its structure.
- Define the methods of managerial development.
- Discuss the difference between effective leadership and effective management.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]