PRNT 171 - Electronic Publishing I
Designed to expose students to the latest program for document layout and digital page assembly. The course will introduce students to electronic publishing, principles of typography, and page design elements used by professional electronic publishers, and other professionals. Topics include creation, manipulation and application of images, illustrations, art, and type to create flyers, newsletters, brochures, and magazines for reproduction on different types of output devices. Students will also learn how to create e-books. Please check schedule for current software taught. Four hours each week. Formerly PR 171.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Determine appropriate font selections for a specific document.
- Place images and illustrations into documents properly and sized proportionally.
- Create spot colors and select appropriate colors from a color matching system.
- Effectively use style sheets to create documents.
- Effectively use master pages in a document.
- Create tables.
- Create PDF files and package files for viewing and printing.
- Perform preflighting functions for a document.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)